Ladies and Gentlemen -
For the longest time the admins of MPP have assessed any claims of bullying on a case-by-case basis. Given the nature of this fandom, it worked well. However, we have recently had considerable trouble with a few users - all were banned from this group and several later received bans from deviantArt itself. It is because of this that I am making this journal - to lay out a few rules and offer an out to anyone on the other end of things. First and most importantly:
If you EVER feel as if you are being harassed, bullied, targeted, or if any MPP member has made you uncomfortable, send the admins a note using the yellow "Send a Note" button at the top of the MPP page. All of us receive notification whenever a note comes in, and I have never seen a note take more than 24 hours to receive attention. We are here to help you, just reach out to us. Now, regarding the actual bullying policy:
DeviantArt is at its core an internet text and image based communication system. Because of this, no matter what a bully intends
to do, we will find what they have done and use that evidence against them.
Forms of bullying we've seen:
- Conversations in comments about deviants - either including them or not - that include violence, rumors of law breaking, and general making fun of.
- Journal entries calling out deviants, usually accusing them of lying or misrepresenting themselves. This is difficult because the deviant being talked about can easily never see the journals.
- Deviations blatantly stealing other deviant's works or threatening violence against other deviants.
- Impersonating a member of deviantArt staff and threatening to ban a deviant. This is not only harassment, it is VERY against the rules of deviantArt itself.
- Using multiple accounts to avoid being banned. This is difficult to prove, but we need to remember that on the internet you can be anyone. If it seems like the world hates you, it could just be one madman with many users. They can
be stopped. Remember people, this is a group dedicated to ponies, crafts, and fun. Nobody should be reluctant to come here, and if they are the admins WILL do something about it.
To the other admins: I know we discussed these rules but I am literally writing them now, so if you have any complaints about the wording or want to add anything... well... we're all admins so just edit the journal